Sunday, September 13, 2009

The following was what I tried to put on facebook and are the contents of Valerie's notes she took at my request, as I demonstrated how to clean floors. She was probably pre-teen and a bit underwhelmed.

5/28/?

"Cleaning House"

1. Have a plan
2. Prepare ahead
3. Conserve energy

(I am quoting Valerie)
Said I'm a nice pupil.
Said if she was really, really super-efficient, she would carry 2 chairs at once. Told me to turn around and said 'you can't take notes on something you don't see." Ha!
She wants me to watch her use some things. Said to shake this thing and open door. Wash the crumbs out of the sink. 'Follow through'.
Make 2 dust piles. Goes around the room. She's still going around the room. I'm going to be the STAR pupil in this class, she says. Ha! She LEAVES the pile in the kitchen. Talk about inefficient! Open the door and swept. She even sweeps rugs. She is moving through a little walk way--go behind one of the drapes and combine. You always have to lean over and pick up an orange piece of paper.
There are crudies on the broom. Pick them up. Shake, shake, shake and that's it.
Get a good decent rag. 'Am I writing scrubbing?' Do where the pop is by the door so the air will dry. If you see something dirty, do it. She goes back in there and does this. Fumble around the desk and scrub toward the dining room. Don't scrub yourself into the back stairway.
Make sure the soap suds land on the floor in little piles. Now you run the bucket through the soap suds.
Now you answer the phone. And talk for a long time. Wasting time.
If you have spots, use AJAX. If you back aways, you can see where you missed.
Gather rugs and bucket in bathroom. Gather up rugs and shake them. Start by scrubbing with brush for cruddies. Dry on hand towel, lay on shelf until everything is washed.
Put stuff in the toilet. Spray toilet rings. Spray good inside. Spray soap dish--get the whole bathroom sprayed and soaking--use a rag. In the toilet you (use a brush).

There you have it folks, for what ever it is worth. I really think she took my serious instruction with some scinicisim. Now she cleans/dosen't clean her own floors and bathroom.

First granddaughter observed me cleaning floors at the Christmas house in AR. Trying to keep 8 children 4 years and under from running through my dirt piles, she hollered out "Grandma guards her dirt!"

Would this qualifiy for a resume to Merry Maids?

2 comments:

  1. I think I would like proper credit and accolades for this literary masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, I'm so glad your instructor (Mom) was not my instructor in floor scrubbing, etc.

    ReplyDelete