Sunday, March 15, 2009

We are in the middle of March and I am enjoying the croci blooming out of the office windows. I am also sitting in a fresh new office/playroom which was a miracle sent by God. I've wanted to redo this room for many years. In fact it was fairly old when we moved into the house in 1982, and it did not have any paint or carpet changed, and the light fixture probably dated back to 1927 when the house was built, or shortly thereafter. Needless to say, with the help of family, extended family and fellow believers, everything came together in a matter of about a week. The last item was the hook up for all the phone, computer, and printer equipment. A great big THANK YOU to all who helped. When I can figure out how to put pictures on my blog again, I will try to send some before and after pictures.

Nearby grandchildren have been able to come over and play and help me with yard work. They are good troopers. I think there are about 10 bags of leaves we raked from the fence line yesterday. Everything was taken care of in the fall, but the beautiful oak tree in the front yard loses half to 2/3 of its leaves in the winter. The fence along the north boundary of our yard is the collection point for all leaves blowing from the south. Winds from the north don't hit them to take them over to my neighbors across the street.

The neighbors across the street are 2 of 3 who kindly snow blow my walks and driveways in the winter. That was such a blessing when John had to get out 5 times a week for dialysis, and their kindness has extended into this winter as well.

The temperatures today would not even make you think of winter. We've had the warm/cold fluctuations all winter. Spring, however, is due to arrive on Friday of this week. No one will be sad. If they are, they live up north.

I've just been thinking that it was just about a year ago when John suggested we go to eat at Mahoney State Park. It was Easter Sunday and we were advised of a long wait. We didn't go that day, but he said we'd go Monday night. He came home from dialysis on Mon. just wiped out. He went to bed and slept until 5:30 or so. When he awoke, I asked him what he wanted for supper. He said "Mahoney". We did go and the restaurant was not a bit crowded. Three friends of our family were working there that evening, and we had a very lovely visit. On the way home he was just kind of crumpled in his seat. I asked him if he was tired and he said "yes". I asked him if he did that for me, and he said "yes". I am getting tears just thinking about it.

I think this is where I will end my post. Have a great week.

3 comments:

  1. Your office windows sound beautiful -croci blooming out of them - how did you accomplish that? Little pockets of soil and bulbs evenly spaced around the windows? HaHa I'm calling attention to your sentence structure - I bet it is really refreshing to see the spring flowers in your garden. Only flowers around here so far are on the house plants indoors.

    So glad that you are finally able to enjoy your office. Also that you are back in business with the electronic features of it.

    It is getting sloppy up here but there is still lots of snow to melt.

    Love, Your sis, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. Those croci are coming up in the 2 inches of dirt that I filled my new window sills with in Jan. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw that last story almost made me cry.
    precious memory.

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete