I heard this fellow speak on Money Matters today and just jotted down the outline of what he said. I thought it was very good.
1. Determine why God put us on earth at this time? Write out your answer and review it often.
2. Determine if we're willing to suffer for Christ--take a stand etc.
3. Determine what is my highest or best contribution--commitment to the Great Commission.
4. Make a plan to fulfill that purpose.
5. Need to be totally dependent on Christ. Be able to give an explanation for the hope we have in Christ.
6. Put the love of God into practice.
I plan to print these out and pray about them too. We are living in fast-changing days.
Turning toward the weekend, Lord willing:
I am having my sister-in-law and nieces here for a job in painting the all-purpose room which used to be John's office. Major hurdles!! Two office desks and two file cabinets that need to come out. Painting needs to be done by Sat. noon, as carpet gets laid at 2:00pm. Company for Sat. night and Sun. So far, it has all been put into motion, and we trust God will supply the strength.
Commenting to my chiropracter today, I said "there is a 30 year old body inside of me that can't seem to come out." Did I mention that on another blog? If so---sorry.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Mom, it was great to catch up on your blog. You're ever learning more about the computer! You've also posted links. Very good! I've had a very busy week! I guess all my weeks are busy... Warp speed. But it was a good week. I hope your painting project goes well!! The office will look great. Maybe you could post a picture when the job is done. What color are you painting? Love you!
ReplyDeleteI just got to this log today. have you got the computer back in service?
ReplyDeleteIs the color of the office darker than this blue on your blog?
ReplyDeleteHave you tried to freecycle that desk yet?
The color of my walls is a bit lighter and a hint "greener" than this blog, but I wouldn't say it looked green at all. Someone is to pick up the other desk on Mon. Sarah put it on the homeschool site.
ReplyDelete