Monday, February 14, 2011

Early 2011

I returned to my blog site tonight and realized that I haven't written anything for about a year.

Feb. 2, 2011--In Lincoln, NE, the ground hog once again saw his shadow. This being the 14th day of the month, our snow has about melted, we've had some temperatures in the upper 60's and I have seen robins today. One was on my bird bath.

Today is Valentine's Day. This whole weekend I have enjoyed basking in the love of the Lover of my soul. Such good thoughts were brought out in the remembrance meeting yesterday! I have been enjoying the gospel of Matthew in my personal reading. I see over and over again how Christ, indeed, set His love upon me. (and all His children by faith). I appreciated the fellowship of a young sister with whom I spent time this morning, and the flowers she brought. A dear friend and her daughter invited me for tea and chocolate covered strawberries and miniature eclaires this evening. The computer brings a whole lot of blessings and good wishes through face book. A "chorus" of Houstonians greeted me on my answering machine when I got home this evening. So, we (I) can be so thankful for the love of family, friends and my Savior. "Love is of God".

I have been less productive since Christmas. There is much to do around the house--organizing the basement stuff, etc. Earlier, I cleaned the upstairs so a new renter could move in. He moved in a couple of weeks ago. He has a job in Lincoln, but I see him very seldom.

I am praying for and anxious to get the news of two more grandbabies due the 3rd week in March. No, they are not twins, but cousins. Matthew and Sarah are expecting one, and Valerie and Dennis, one. I'm looking at what I just wrote and thought--well, we never have had twins or triplets. That WOULD be interesting. It looks like the family here will have the joy of the Brooks grandparents as the welcoming committee. That will include various other joys of seeing 7 other grandchildren. Hopefully, with the help of Skype, the Easton baby may be welcomed vicariously by grandparents in Canada and here (myself).

Did I mention exercise a year ago. Well, I finally found something I do enjoy and seems to be helping with aches and pains. It is water aerobics. I try to go 3 times a week. I have felt so much better in more ways than one. I may get back to walking (anything will be an improvement over once every 3 months) now that the sidewalks are clear of ice and snow.


There are some verses that have impressed me lately--from Matthew 9:37-38. He (Jesus) said to His disciples, "The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest." As I read about the things going on in the middle east, the harvest may not be much longer. "He is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." I have a little Jerusalem that I need to be diligent about, as well as praying for Judea and the ends of the world. Help me Lord Jesus.

Well, we are 2/3 of the way to Spring, and that is always a delightful thought. The daylight is getting longer too. Perhaps I'll write again before another year passes. I am trying to acquire more computer skills, so someday I may be able to put pictures here, and I can decrease my verbage by 1000 words with just one of them.

Thanks for stopping by. Pat

3 comments:

  1. :) I'm so glad you posted. It has been a very long time! I wondered if you had forgotten your password or something.

    Love you lots and can't wait to show you that baby on skype... and hopefully in real life before too too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I've been checking back occasionally and was happy to see that you posted. :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. At least my blog is not hovering out there somewhere in cyber space.

    ReplyDelete