I am very glad that February is short. It is my birthday month, and other than that--it is a month on the way to spring! Each day, however is a gift from God. My last post was on stress. That particular issue has not exactly gone away. I will continue to learn about the computer even though the class is over.
The stress test of last week came back o.k. I was very thankful for that. However, I have had pain of questionable origin since Sun. evening. When I had a flair of chest pain yesterday morning that went up into my neck and jaw, I called the Dr.'s office and they suggested I go to ER. The tests there determined that the origin of my pain is not my heart, for which I am very grateful to the Lord. Perhaps I have an ulcer or gastritis or whatever? More pills to pop. I treated myself to a good night's sleep. I slept from 9:00 pm to 7:30 am. I never sleep that long.
So much for the organ recital! Does anyone want, or know someone who wants a heavy metal desk? It is 5' X 30" and 29 1/2 inches tall. It has a nice formica top. It has a slide tray and two drawers (one deep) on the left and 2 drawers on the right. I am wanting to get rid of it.
I have the enthusiasm for painting and fixing around the house, but have checked, and it is in my 30 year old body enwraped by the 60 some year old that now carries it. Oh well...
I have been mending. Yes, people still do that. I know some of you who do, too. The question is, if the item has been out of circulation for a year or so, what does that tell me? I remember when I was a young mother, everything was fixed, patched and always ironed, even knit shirts. Now that dates me.
This post is hardly worth posting. It is about as dull as the weather outside. I did, however, enjoy meditating on Psa. 54:4 "Behold, God is my helper: the Lord is with them that uphold my soul". v. 6: " I will freely sacrifice unto thee: I will praise the name, O Lord: for it is good."
Yes, the Lord is truly good. Have a good week.
No wonder you feel tired at your advanced age (ha, ha) you used too much energy when you were younger ironing all those t-shirts. You are the third person this week to hint to me that you just don't have the energy to do what you used to do. My advice- just relax and don't worry about what you don't have the energy to do. Do what you can and never mind the rest. the other two were Helmut and Waltraud - two of the busiest people over the years that I have known besides you. Now, me, it has always been easier to just forget all the rush and bustle.
ReplyDeleteI hope you'll soon be feeling better. Did it take very many hours at the ER? Waiting there might be enough to stress the most laid back individuals - any call to the ER in MB would take 3 or more hours on an average.